Monday, September 20, 2021

Red Tea Cafe Tsim Sha Tsui 紅茶冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

promise myself I'd be back at Red Tea Cafe (紅茶冰室) just for its freshly made pineapple bun. Come back I did, albeit it's a totally different location from last time. This Carnarvon Road location has recently opened with much fanfare in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui. And like most of its other branches, it comes with a spacious basement level.



Yeah, this is what I came all the way for - their pineapple bun (菠蘿油) with a thick slab of frozen butter.



The amazing afternoon tea set ($30) came with a tall glass of red bean ice (紅豆冰).



I had to patiently wait for my pineapple bun.....



At last! Unlike most places, the slab of butter was served on the side here. 


So, I had to stuff it in myself. This was just perfect. The crispy and flaky crust, and the buttery bun. I think I have to skip dinner now following such a filling snack but it's all worth it!!!






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$
Address: Shop 5, G/F, Hang Send Tsim Sha Tsui Building, 18 Carnarvon Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 6229-1838
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think