Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Crown Cafe Mongkok 皇冠冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My unbreakable bond with Mongkok’s dining scene continues to get stronger tonight. Once again,  I had the pleasure of visiting a new cha chaan teng in one of the busiest part of the city - Crown Cafe (皇冠冰室).


Soup of the day was exactly what I’ve expected from a daily soup, watery and bland.


This is often the make or break for a local tea cafe, their silk stocking milk tea (絲襪奶茶). I thought the tea was a bit too dominant today and not enough milk to balance things out.


I have been craving for some sweet and sour pork (菠蘿咕嚕肉) for weeks so I was rather happy to find it on the set dinner menu. The pork fillet was pretty tender, with the right balance of sweetness and acidity, and most importantly no bones (think 生炒骨).


Some stir fried broccoli to make this a balanced meal with both protein and vegetables. These were a little bit undercooked, not that I expected too much.....






Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$
Address: Shop A,C,D & E, G/F, Wingco Mansion, 38 Soy Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok
Tel: +852 2994-3088
Opening Hours: 6:00am - 1:00am daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think