Saturday, March 20, 2021

Wing Hing Ice Room 永興冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

My request to visit at least 100 different cha chaan tengs (茶餐廳) in 2021 continues this afternoon. This time, the journey brought us to Prince Edward, a neighborhood I know all that well thanks to my childhood days of living and schooling here.


But Wing Hing Ice Room (永興冰室) is obviously not around when I was a kid. Time to check this place out...


Homemade pineapple bun - Before I could take a picture of it, Jelloman accidentally flipped it over and it landed head over heel. Not a pretty sight.


French Toast - A cha chaan teng classic.


This wasn't bad but the bread could have been a little more pillowy in the middle. And a little more peanut butter in the filling would've made this peanut butter freak a very happy camper.


Pantyhose milk tea - I thought the tea was a little too strong for me. A bit more milk would be perfect.


It looks like the kitchen is having an off day today although they could not be faulted for the "miscue" with the pineapple bun.



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F, Hanley House, 776-778 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok
Tel: +852 2988-5566
Opening Hours: 6:00am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think