Friday, March 12, 2021

ATUM Restaurant and Dessert Bar (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

For some reason, I had trouble getting pictures (or memories) of my last meal at ATUM off my mind. It was that good...so a little more than a week later, I decided to pay them another visit.

This time around, it was already late in the afternoon and no more lunch menu. Beggars can't be choosers. I had to dive into their a la carte menu since I haven't had anything to eat all day.


Pan-seared duck breast, chestnut, barley risotto - This was a beautifully decorated dish with pan-seared duck breast and chestnut placed elegantly on a bed of creamy barley risotto with simple (and random) garnish of radish, snow peas and edible flowers atop. A subtle balsamic sauce provided some lovely acidity to the meat and barley.


The duck breast was a bit chewy so I had to take some marks off but all in all, it was a nicely executed dish with a mix of interesting textures and flavors.


The presentation also warranted some extra marks. Although the wait was a little longer than expected but it was well worth the long wait.






Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 101B, 1/F, K11 Art Mall, 18 Hanoi Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3586-1959
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think