Thursday, March 25, 2021

Dessert Forest 甜品森林 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

For years, Agent-I has been telling me about a hidden gem in Mei Foo called Dessert Forest (甜品森林), famous for its Chinese and western desserts.

I honestly didn't pay much attention considering that I don't really go to Mei Foo that often. But today, I'm starting a new therapy session there and sounds like I'll get the chance to finally check it out myself.


Apart from their signature sweets, the little 8-seater cafe also offers a small selection of pasta dishes. But let's focus on the desserts for now.

Dessert Forest (甜品森林) Mei Foo - Dessert Menu

Walnut sweet soup (合桃糊) - I haven't had walnut sweet soup for ages. Some said it's seasonal but for the most part, I think it's all supply and demand. Not many folks ask for it so a lot of dessert shops simply decide not to carry it on their menu.


This was a lot sweeter than I thought and without the usual mild bitterness. For anyone who's tired of having black sesame soup and Chinese almond tea, a very nice alternative!






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop N29C1, 2-8 Humbert Street, Mei Foo Sun Chuen Stage 6, Mei Foo, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mei Foo
Tel: +852 6979-5156
Opening Hours: 12:30pm - 11:30pm (Wed - Mon), 7:30pm - 11:30pm (Tue)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think