Sunday, March 21, 2021

Beans The Rambler at Maritime Square (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I was still feeling a little full from my late lunch but it was time to meet up with the gang after their long day at the farm. As planned, we were meeting up at Maritime Square in Tsing Yi (the closest shopping complex to the farm) but I would go and try to get a table at Bean The Rambler in advance.



The plan worked out perfectly for us and we were able to secure two tables behind the entrance. It almost felt like a private dining area for the six of us.



Spaghetti with crab and salted egg yolk - I don't exactly recall how long I've been visiting Beans regularly in Tsuen Wan. It's probably not Day One but I'm guessing at least 6 to 7 years. It's great to see how they've expanded to different parts of the city.

Most recently, this is my favorite pasta dish from their menu. I love the little Chinese twist. 


I've noticed that they touched up a bit on the presentation making it look like a dish from an upscale restaurant. That's nice to see. As usual, the pasta was perfectly al dente working well with the gluey salted egg yolk sauce. 


Scallop and crab meat pizza - Not nearly as good as the pasta. In fact, it reminded me of my Pizza Hut delivery. Looks like they only added the toppings midway through the cooking.


Everest - Of course, the name came from Mount Everest, the highest mountain above sea level from the face of the earth. 


I thought the presentation wasn't great but the silky coconut mousse was a fairly good match with the caramel banana jelly and vanilla sponge. I have always thought Beans is a little underrated as a patisserie.


Like all Beans cafe, Beans The Rambler has a no-reservation policy.




Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$
Address: Shop 222, 2/F, Maritime Square II, 33 Tsing King Road, Tsing Yi, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsing Yi
Tel: +852 2690-2222
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think