Friday, March 5, 2021

ATUM Restaurant and Dessert Bar (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I’m back on my tour to visit some of the restaurants that I haven’t visited for a while. After meeting my physio in her Tsim Sha Tsui office, I was looking for a quick meal before heading back to my office. That’s when I stumbled upon K11 Art Mall across the street from my physio’s office.

 
ATUM started off as ATUM Desserant many years ago but has slowly gained the reputation as a home-grown modern European restaurant famous not only for its desserts. In fact, I have been more impressed with their savory food, which had me thinking about coming back for a while.

 
To my pleasant surprise, the place was already packed with diners despite my late start. I guess, they have been doing well all this time even with the pandemic. Very good news!



Lunch started off with a silky smooth pumpkin soup.


This tasted more like pumpkin purée. Very creamy and delicate to the palate.

 

I got myself a cup of hot chocolate while I wait for my main dish to arrive.


My hot chocolate was immediately followed by my miso chicken and eggplant risotto. I've had pasta with miso sauce before but never had risotto done with a white miso dressing.

 
This was surprisingly delicious. The creamy risotto, flavored with miso, was topped with slices of grilled eggplant, fried chicken and radish. For anyone (including me) who’s bored with risotto and parmesan cheese (or truffle), it was the perfect match. The different tones of textures and extraordinarily creamy flavors made it so irresistible (albeit a little heavy)!

 
I was all set to ask for the dessert menu but time was almost up so I quickly settled the bill and head back to work.


This was by far the best I've seen from ATUM's kitchen. The execution of the dishes was flawless. I hope it's a signal that they've finally taken their cooking into another level.



Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 101B, 1/F, K11 Art Mall, 18 Hanoi Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3586-1959
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 11:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think