Friday, July 31, 2020

Main St. Deli (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I wasn't joking when I said lunch at T'ang Court was just a start to a very busy day for my stomach. In fact, I didn't have to venture very far for my next stop.

It's taking me forever to finish my piece on the best cheesecakes in Hong Kong. To get myself one step closer to the finish line, I decided to stop by Main Street Deli for their signature New York Cheesecake. This is a very convenient location considering it's just downstairs from T'ang Court where I just finished lunch.

I thought they were going to bring out the whole New York Cheesecake and cut a slice out for me but when my server reached inside the fridge, there was already a cheesecake in take-away style waiting for me to bring home. How nice!

The price tag looks a little heavy ($118) at first glance but once I saw the generous portion, I thought I got the better end of the deal.

It's been a while since I last had a slice of classic New York style cheesecake. I was really looking forward to this but wait, by the time I came back with my hands washed, it was gone! Where's my New York cheesecake!?


Finally, I got the culprit who's responsible for my missing cheesecake.

A lot of my friends prefer Japanese-style cheesecake which is more airy and fluffy but not me. I like it more dense and it was perfect. Smooth, creamy and rich not at all cheesy. Love the classic shortbread crust too.

Just a word of advice. Do not attempt to finish this all by yourself.


Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Lower Lobby Level, The Langham Hong Kong, 8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2132-7898
Website: Link
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 9:00pm (Mon - Fri), 11:00am - 9:00pm (Sat - Sun)


1 comment:

Please tell us what you think