Monday, July 6, 2020

Passion by Gérard Dubois at Lee Tung Avenue (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm off early today to prepare for my upcoming "Work from Home" regime. Since there's still a little bit of time left before 6, I decided to drop by Passion by Gerard Dubois for something sweet before heading home.


There isn't a whole lot of cakes I haven't tried at Passion before so I normally look for the "New Item" labels when I come in. Turns out there're a couple of them today.


La Boule Pistachie Cerise - I have had a lot of Boules (balls) here but not their pistachio flavored one. Since I'm such a sucker for anything made with pistachio, this is really a no-brainer.


The pistachio mousse was really nice. Silky smooth texture with rich and deep pistachio flavors. Underneath that, we have some raspberry and cherry "custard" (probably not the right French term) for some lovely acidity to balance all that sweetness and richness. Not bad.


I don't know if I am really going to enjoy going back to "Work from Home" mode. With little nugget on my back all the time, it's no fun working at my home desk.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G11, G12 & F12A, Lee Tung Avenue, 200 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2833-6778
Website: www.passionbygd.com
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think