Thursday, July 16, 2020

Lifetastic Patisserie at The ONE (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Since the rise of COVID-19 earlier this year, one of the things I started looking forward to, are the meetings with my hair stylist. It's one of the few reasons I give myself for leaving the house (except for work). 

As usual, my hair stylist finished things up in about an hour so I got myself some spare time to walk around Tsim Sha Tsui. Not surprisingly, there're a few more vacant "shops" around with the "To Let" signs hanging on the wall. I got myself some mooncakes from Wing Wah and then took off for The One, where I started looking for some desserts for my family. There's really not much choice there except Lifetastic. I thought my little nugget would love their strawberry watermelon cake.

After my shower, I got a can of coke to wash down my dessert. But wait, time to grab my camera first.


Strawberry watermelon cake - The winning formula of almond dacquoise, rose-scented cream, watermelon, and toppings of fresh strawberries, pistachios and dried rose petals never fails to impress. This is always a nice treat. Little nugget seems to like it too. Mission accomplished.


Lychee watermelon cake - A slightly different version with lychee replacing the fresh strawberries.


It's my first time having this cake and honestly, it was no match for its strawberry sibling. There's way too much sweetness in there and not enough acidity (missing from the strawberries) to balance things out.


Here's the verdict, Strawberry watermelon cake > Lychee watermelon cake. Just for the record here. Was there ever any doubt?




Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop L406, 4/F, The ONE, 100 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2564-8533
Website: www.lifetastichk.com
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think