Saturday, July 4, 2020

Gontran Cherrier at K11 Musea (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have to admit, I've never been much of a Gontran Cherrier fan even when he became the poster boy in Tokyo's bakery scene a few years ago. No, not a fan. So, when I first heard about him opening his first-ever bakery cafe in Hong Kong, I wasn't exactly jumping in joy. But since I spent so much time at K11 Musea with my family these days, I did manage to check out the famed French baker's croissants and a few other things since his cafe's grand opening, albeit coming away unimpressed every time.

Today, I decided to give it a third chance. Well, because Jelloman thought there wasn't much of a lineup comparing to, say a few months ago.


She managed to come away with a trio of items, a matcha croissant, a plain croissant and matcha scone. Now my turn to settle the bill.


I had their plain croissant a couple of times already so it was their matcha croissant getting the call this time around.


This was pretty darn good. Crispy and flaky on the outside but soft like a pillow inside. There were some incredibly nice matcha flavors there but yet not too overpowering. I certainly won't mind having this again.






Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B205-B207, B2/F, K11 Musea, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3468-2430
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think