Sunday, September 18, 2016

Maison on Wellington Street (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was doing my occasional café hopping in Central this afternoon when I ran into this small coffee shop called Maison. Looks like they're still doing their soft opening but no harm going in to see what they've got right?



I have to agree with what my friend Fishie said about this place - it looks like a convenience store in Tokyo. The low-profile and simple color scheme coupled with the glass walls; they got me fooled at my first glance too!



Having got a steady diet of caffeine the last few days, I wasn't ready for another sip of coffee for the next little while. Thankfully, they have more than just coffee or tea. Perhaps, a nice cup of frappé will serve me well under this nasty heat.



They've got some pretty "standard" frappés like espresso and banana chocolate (Skinny Monkey they called it) that you will find in most coffee shops. And then, some with Japanese inspirations such as Fujiyama and Summer Matcha, that you don't see very often. But as a peanut butter junkie, their "Hongkie Waffle" ($46) is right up my alley!



Peanut butter, condense milk and organic milk with some crushed peanuts. That's a refreshing boost to help chill out during this blistering summer day.



Price: $$$
Address: UG, 83 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Hong Kong Station


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think