Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Lifetastic (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I'm following the same routine to stop by Lifetastic for their watermelon strawberry cake before dinner later this evening at Rhoda. 



This is still the best watermelon cake in Hong Kong in my opinion, with Fine Foods being a close second.



The rose water, dried rose petals and pistachio combined so well with the watermelon, rose scented cream and almond dacquoise. Very nice although I noticed there's slightly too much acidity coming from the strawberries this time around.



I was really excited to see that they have added to their drink menu. On top of the usual tea, coffee and chocolate drinks, they now offer a small selection of milkshakes and smoothies too, which is just perfect for those of us who don't really need the caffeine to stay awake.   

I was tempted to take on their avocado milkshake but after trying one at Sense Cafe unsuccessfully last month, I thought better and went the safe way with the banana chocolate shake instead. Not bad. And same goes for the Uji green tea latte that Jelloman ordered.



My other mission this afternoon was to check out their brand new matcha lychee cake which they have just launched a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, that's not available today. I guess I will have to wait till my next visit.







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B, G/F, 31-37 Hill Road, Shek Tong Tsui, Western District, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: HKU
Tel: +852 5243-9851


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think