Sunday, September 11, 2016

#OMG (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I have always admired the way Maxim's Group goes about their business. They always seem to come up with something new every other month and it's nice to see how they have brought their diversified portfolio to another height.

Their latest concept is called #OMG, situated inside the Olympian City Shopping Complex and I'm here to check out what they've got in store.



This is a small cafe specializing in Japanese influenced comfort food. I like the concept but the space I thought was a little cramped.



Spaghetti with prawns - portion was quite generous for what we're paying. Tasted OK.



Spaghetti with portobello and black truffle sauce - I like this one a lot better. The creamy black truffle sauce was pretty good to go with the al dente pasta, portobello and parmesan.



Well, this is what got me here in the first place, their freakshakes! Ever since Patissez became a social media sensation by launching their freakshakes last year, I've been waiting for someone in Hong Kong to come up with some copycat versions. Slowly, there are some good ones out there but still not growing at a pace I thought it would.



Matcha Warrior ($58) - Grape, red bean and matcha freakshake. Strong Japanese inspiration in this one. I have never been a huge fan of matcha nor red bean and this was certainly not mind blowing at all for a freakshake.



Chocoholic ($58) - I'm also not a chocoholic but I am a hazelnut freak so this works out well for me. Very nice hazelnut flavors, rich but not overpowering. I'll take this over the matcha freakshake anytime.



Food-wise, expect something along the line of Spaghetti House. Maybe slightly better depending on what dish you order. However, what I didn't like about it was the limited amount of space. It felt a lot like a tiny food court with servers always running around and looking too busy to serve you. 

Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: $$
Address: Shop 59-65, UG/F, Olympian City 3, 1 Hoi Wang Road, Tai Kok Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Olympic
Tel: +852 2392-6103


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think