Friday, October 9, 2015

THE TEA ROOM by Antique Patisserie (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

There has been no shortage of tea rooms in Hong Kong these days but you'd be amazed how very small number of them are actually home grown right in the city. The Tea Room by Antique Patisserie is one of those few home grown ones available that boosts an elegant tea room. As a matter of fact, not only does this place houses one of the most amazing tea rooms in town, it also doubles as a cake shop for someone looking for a sweet treat.



I was strolling around Central this afternoon and decided to pay this famed tea room a much anticipated visit but only to be told that they were closed for a private event.

I had to admit I was a little disappointed but if there's any consolation, I did take away one of their mixed berry mousse cakes. Before we touch on the mousse cake itself, I had to pay a small compliment to their take-away packaging first.



The take-out box was designed like a parcel. Very cute.



OK now back to the mixed berry mousse cake. Well, I like it. The mousse was silky smooth although I found it a little odd that the cake was "hollow" in the middle with a piece of white chocolate hidden there (I totally forgot to take a picture of that!). That I thought was a little weird.



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 2 Mee Lun Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2542-3960
Website: www.maisondedesign.com/index_ecat.php?cPath=10


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think