Monday, October 19, 2015

Foxtail & Broomcorn (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Foxtail and Broomcorn (F&B), one of the most popular noodle joints in Sheung Wan has just landed in Wanchai and they continued to pepper diners with their healthy food menu that features MSG-free noodles and low-carb main dishes.



They managed to bring the same color palates from their flagship store with green and marble as the predominant colors here.



I got here at around 1:45pm and was shocked to find that all of their meat noodles (Taipei - pork and Tokyo - beef) were already sold out. Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering there're only 5 noodle dishes with hot soup on the menu. So I ended up having Kansai which was an udon soup with black wood ear mushrooms, shallots and coriander.



The noodles were served with double tofu patties in mushroom dashi on the side.



An iced fruit tea was included in the set that set me back $70.



I could see why the place was packed with mostly ladies and only a few gentlemen here. Obviously, the portion of these noodles was not nearly enough for any man with a "normal" appetite. 

While I was always fascinated by Asian-inspired noodles prepared with European culinary techniques, this meal clearly did not make my stomach happy one way or the other.

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 5, 2 Landale Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2603-2022
Website: www.foxtailandbroomcorn.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think