Friday, October 30, 2015

Pâtisserie Toshi Yoroizuka (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

I have decided to recruit a different partner in crime on this trip and mom gladly accepted my invitation. So, when was my last trip with mom? I think it had to go back to my university days on a trip to Eastern Canada. That just reminded me what a terrible son I have been.

Well, it's never too late to make amends so immediately following our touch-down in Narita, I brought mom to one of my favorite dessert bars in town and there's really not many of them.



No, this is NOT a re-post from my last trip. I am visiting Pâtisserie Toshi Yoroizuka again but this time it was mom sitting right beside me. I told her I must have gotten my sweet tooth from her.




A small corn soup to start things off.....



My mom has never been an adventurous person to begin with so soon after I told her about Pâtisserie Toshi Yoroizuka's signature creation, Ukishima ("The Floating Island" - 1,350yen), she decided to go with the house specialty.

I have always enjoyed having the front row seats to the open kitchen here and it just added a whole new dimension to this dessert experience. Mom seemed to agree as well.



Chestnut cream, whipped cream and red bean paste topped by a scoop of toasted tea ice-cream and they finished by showering the whole thing with a silky smooth green tea sauce. Lovely.




I noticed that they have tinkered with the menu a little bit and removed a number of the older items. As the more adventurous of the two, I decided to go with something new - Gratin aux Kakis (1,350yen).



This is kind of like a pudding with kaki (or Japanese persimmon 柿) and custard cream inside. Not a bad choice if you like persimmon.



We still got time to stroll around Roppongi before dinner at Restaurant Ryuzu (飯塚隆太).








Food Rating: 7/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 9 Chome−7−2, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 〒107-0052, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Roppongi
Tel: +81 (0)3 5413-3650
Website: www.grand-patissier.info/ToshiYoroizuka/



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think