Saturday, August 22, 2026

L'Atelier de Yann (Colmar, FRANCE) ★★★★☆

I have tagged two dessert spots in Colmar on the map as “must-do” for this afternoon. After a pretty long lunch at Bord’eau Restaurant, I managed to quickly cross the first one off my list (Patisserie Gilg) before heading over to the second. Luckily, Colmar isn’t a very big town, so I was able to arrive within a few minutes.

I was supposed to meet up with my team there, but they were nowhere to be found. I guess I would just go in on my own.

L'Atelier de Yann [Colmar, FRANCE]: Upscale artisanal pastry shop, chocolatier, tea salon in the historic centre of Colmar, amazing colorful desserts, best afternoon tea in Colmar

L’Atelier de Yann is an upscale artisanal pastry shop, chocolatier, and tea salon located in the historic centre of Colmar. Founded by pastry chef Yann Navarro, the famed dessert spot features an indoor tea salon and an outdoor garden. Some online reviewers also raved about its gorgeous view of the nearby Saint-Martin Collegiate Church.

L'Atelier de Yann [Colmar, FRANCE]: Upscale artisanal pastry shop, chocolatier, tea salon in the historic centre of Colmar, amazing colorful desserts, best afternoon tea in Colmar

After seeing all the beautifully presented pastries inside the display counter, I was even more impressed. So I quickly got in line to be served. 

L'Atelier de Yann [Colmar, FRANCE]: Upscale artisanal pastry shop, chocolatier, tea salon in the historic centre of Colmar, amazing colorful desserts, best afternoon tea in Colmar

Like little kids in front of a candy shop, my eyes stared wide-eyed at the colorful treats inside, almost jumping up and down with joy.

L'Atelier de Yann [Colmar, FRANCE]: Upscale artisanal pastry shop, chocolatier, tea salon in the historic centre of Colmar, amazing colorful desserts, best afternoon tea in Colmar

Nirvana (€8) — I decided to sit down and indulge on a quick afternoon tea.

L'Atelier de Yann [Colmar, FRANCE]: Upscale artisanal pastry shop, chocolatier, tea salon in the historic centre of Colmar, amazing colorful desserts, best afternoon tea in Colmar

One of the signature pastries created by Chef Navarro, designed especially for chocolate and hazelnut lovers. 

L'Atelier de Yann [Colmar, FRANCE]: Upscale artisanal pastry shop, chocolatier, tea salon in the historic centre of Colmar, amazing colorful desserts, best afternoon tea in Colmar

This decadent, texture-rich dessert features a base of soft, moist hazelnut biscuit, paired with a crunchy praline crust. In the middle is a rich, velvety milk chocolate mousse, finished with a smooth chocolate coating mixed with toasted, grilled hazelnuts for a satisfying crunch.

L'Atelier de Yann [Colmar, FRANCE]: Upscale artisanal pastry shop, chocolatier, tea salon in the historic centre of Colmar, amazing colorful desserts, best afternoon tea in Colmar

The real surprise here was the hidden crunchy chocolate pearls embedded inside, adding an extra dimension to every bite.

L'Atelier de Yann [Colmar, FRANCE]: Upscale artisanal pastry shop, chocolatier, tea salon in the historic centre of Colmar, amazing colorful desserts, best afternoon tea in Colmar

I’m glad I got to cross both Patisserie Gilg and L’Atelier de Yann off my bucket list today. We’ll take it easy with the remaining minutes we have in Colmar, and next on our agenda — dinner at Petite France in Strasbourg.




Food Rating: 7.3/10
Price: €€€
Address: 11 Place de la Cathédrale, 68000 Colmar, France
Tel: +33 (0)3 8920-0100
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm (Tue - Sat)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think