Thursday, April 28, 2022

Ren Ren Heping Restaurant 人人和平小飯店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My NAS server which I just bought two months ago, passed out a couple nights ago. I was of course devastated as it carried almost all of my data from the past two decades. In an effort to save both the drive and my data, I took it to the repair shop in North Point this afternoon hoping it would heal up very soon.

Speaking of North Point, it's been a while since I last set foot on the area. I distinctly remembered there was this BBQ meat place called Ren Ren Heping Restaurant (人人和平小飯店) which came highly recommended by a famous local food blogger. Without hesitation, I decided to stop by for a quick look.

Ren Ren Heping Restaurant (人人和平小飯店) North Point HK - best Xinhui Gujing style chargrilled goose (荔枝柴燒新會古井燒鵝)

It was very clean and tidy for a BBQ meat restaurant. I like it!

Ren Ren Heping Restaurant (人人和平小飯店) North Point HK - best Xinhui Gujing style chargrilled goose (荔枝柴燒新會古井燒鵝)

Let's see what they have for me on their take-away menu. Looks like they're more than just a BBQ meat place. 


Xinhui Gujing style chargrilled goose (荔枝柴燒新會古井燒鵝) – I got ourselves half a goose so hopefully we don't have to fight for those crispy skin.

Ren Ren Heping Restaurant (人人和平小飯店) North Point HK - best Xinhui Gujing style chargrilled goose (荔枝柴燒新會古井燒鵝)

It was chargrilled with lychee wood (荔枝柴) so not surprisingly, it was full of smoky flavors. I thought the skin was really nice and crispy, the meat slightly on the firm side and for part of the goose, a little too much fat for my liking. But all in all, not bad.

Ren Ren Heping Restaurant (人人和平小飯店) North Point HK - best Xinhui Gujing style chargrilled goose (荔枝柴燒新會古井燒鵝)





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop A, G/F, 6-8 Fort Street, North Point, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: North Point / Fortress Hill
Tel: +852 2570-8616
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think