Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Celebrating A Pandemic Birthday.....

Oh yeah, it's my birthday today. I didn't realize it until birthday blessings started to pour in early in the morning wishing me a year wiser. Honestly, I don't know who came up with the idea of wishing someone a year wiser on their birthdays. 

I want to make this crystal clear. I have never been a fan of birthday celebrations my whole life. At age 20-ish, when my friends asked me if I wanted a big feast as part of my birthday activities, this was my reply - "Why have a good meal only on our birthdays!? Why not enjoy a good meal when you feel like having one?". It's been my mojo ever since. Looking back, I have been truly blessed with some really amazing food almost my entire adult life and I will be forever grateful (to the one high above) for that. 

Like a lot of people I talked to, I have developed a mild case of depression from the now 2.5 year old pandemic. When you have your life taken away from you for an extensive period of time, I guess it's normal to be depressed. As someone who enjoys food, traveling and simply going out, life has never been the same the last 2.5 years. When having a nice meal doesn't get me excited anymore, I think I got a problem.

It's a normal working day for me today. Meeting at 2:30pm so I should have enough time to finish this chicken steak and if I'm lucky, I should have enough time to wash everything down with my iced milk tea.






Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think