Saturday, April 30, 2022

Kam Mama Kitchen 金嫲嫲懷舊冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

While little nugget was having his online church service on Zoom this afternoon, I decided to quietly sneak out for some fresh air with our helper deputizing me as the technical support guy. Honestly, I didn't have any concrete plans on how to spend my Me Time so I was pleasantly surprised to bump into Kam Mama Kitchen (金嫲嫲懷舊冰室), a brand new Hong Kong style cafe in the no-man's land just between Lai Chi Kok and Cheung Sha Wan,

Kam Mama Kitchen (金嫲嫲懷舊冰室), Lai Chi Kok new Hong Kong style tea cafe (荔枝角全新港式茶餐廳/冰室)

Located on the mezzanine floor of a commercial building, Kam Mama Kitchen took full advantage of a trio of LED TVs to display their latest food and drink menu. 

Kam Mama Kitchen (金嫲嫲懷舊冰室), Lai Chi Kok new Hong Kong style tea cafe (荔枝角全新港式茶餐廳/冰室)

This location should be relatively busy on a weekday with many commercial premises around the neighborhood, but on a Sunday afternoon, ZZZzzzzz......

Kam Mama Kitchen (金嫲嫲懷舊冰室), Lai Chi Kok new Hong Kong style tea cafe (荔枝角全新港式茶餐廳/冰室)

I was thinking about dining in but thought better of it. 

Cantonese soy sauce fried noodles with shredded pork meat (豉油皇肉絲炒麵) – While I sat around waiting for my soy sauce fried noodles, I could hear the chef firing up the wok to get things rolling.


This was pretty tasty. Despite having it almost half an hour later, I could still feel the wok hei (鑊氣) which is just amazing.


This place deserves another chance. Let's see if I can arrange another hour of Me Time next weekend so I can come back for more.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G55C & 115, G/F & 1/F, Lai Sun Commercial Centre, 593-595 Fuk Wa Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 9172-0583


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think