Friday, April 15, 2022

Chadon 港嘢茶檔 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

So I was wandering around Jordan waiting for my sweet soy chicken wings from Tai Ping Koon (太平館餐廳). It's been a while since I last visited the neighborhood so I was curious of what it had in store for me. But when I dig deeper into this old neighborhood, I was pleasantly surprised to find an array of interesting shops. Some are small coffee shops with throw-back themes and there are also modern cha chaan teng (茶餐廳), or so-called Hong Kong-style cafés like this one called Chadon (港嘢茶檔).


Very colorful décor highlighted by all these fake neon light signs.


Pretty interesting food menu they got here too, including dishes like Potato Not Simple (薯不簡單).


Who is Deep-fried chicken leg (懷舊炸大雞髀) – A local cha chaan teng classic. The chicken leg was fried-to-order with this picture-perfect golden brown color. When it comes to deep-fried chicken legs, I can honestly say size does matter and this was a huge XXL sized chicken leg they've got here. Very succulent. Too bad the fries were just OK.


Who is Sweet Swiss chicken wing (誰是雞翼) – I saw this on the menu and wonder how it stacks up against Tai Ping Koon's famous sweet soy chicken wings that I just ordered. To my surprise, they weren't all that different after all. The wings here came with a slightly "lighter" sweet soy sauce and the texture was a bit on the softer side. But the difference was very very subtle (they cost half the price of the ones from TPK!). 






Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F, 7 Pak Hoi Street, Jordan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Jordan
Tel: +852 2368-3383
Opening Hours: 7:30am - 6:00pm (Tue - Sun)


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think