Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Chrisly Cafe Mongkok 華星冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

One of the things I hate about "work from home" is that you tend to get too concentrated on work and end up missing your lunch hours (and occasionally dinner too). Such was the case today and after sitting at my desk for a few hours straight, I decided to go out for a walk.

Chrisly Cafe (華星冰室) was an interesting story in the local dining scene when they first started back a few years ago. Some people really like it but there were also a fair amount of people that didn't like their experience there. I, for one, have never ever dined at any one of their outposts so I am always curious. In fact, I was curious enough to go and get myself a lunch box there (after seeing a huge crowd outside last Sunday afternoon). It was nice to check it off my list.


Not exactly full today but pretty close.


I didn't order anything fancy, just a good old deep-fried chicken leg with a fried egg sunny-side-up. Both, along with the steamed rice, were sprinkled with the infamous sweet soy sauce. I guess it's difficult to judge the performance of the kitchen just by this dish alone.






Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 107 Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Mongkok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Prince Edward / Mongkok
Tel: +852 2520-6666
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think