Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Amaroni's New York Italian Restaurant & Café MOKO (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

My home chef has been excused for her medical appointment so it's going to be take-away food for me this afternoon. But then I wanted to have a short walk from home (mom's home) anyways.

I took a short trot over to MOKO and while some of the restaurants were temporarily shut down (Greyhound Cafe for one), there were still plenty of options available including my final choice, Amaroni's New York Italian Restaurant & Café. The eye-popping sign that said "40% off the regular price" caught my eyes in the first place and that sealed the deal.


Business wasn't exactly great for most restaurants these days. Even during lunch hours, there were only a few souls around.


And same goes for all those shops in the mall. I haven't seen Hong Kong like this ever, not even during the SARS period.


I didn't go for the set. Instead, I got myself a grilled Boston lobster tail and spaghetti with served seafood bisque, and a small dessert.


The lobster tail was pretty meaty. Yeah I haven't had lobster for quite some time so this was all good. Less successfully was the seafood bisque which was too cheesy and not nearly umami-rich enough. It tasted like more like those canned soup from Campbell. Not great.


Amaroni's used to have one of my favorite tiramisu in town but sadly, it was just a borderline pass today. The texture was still good but the flavors weren't. Something was missing; I wonder what.....



My palate wasn't working very well today. It's getting a little numb these days. Perhaps it's the result of not dining out for an extensive period of time. 





Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 526, 5/F, Moko, 193 Prince Edward Road West, Mongkok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok East
Tel: +852 2368-8256
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think