Sunday, March 20, 2022

Lucullus Cacao D2 Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

We are going to spend the rest of our Sunday afternoon at home following some pretty good exercise walking over to Kam Shan Country Park (金山郊野公園). And no, I am not going to be satisfied with just a bag of chips for the afternoon. I needed more than that to get myself through the afternoon. With that in mind, I decided to venture over to Lucullus Cacao at D2 Place to see what they have in store for me. 



Yuzu Chocolate Mousse Cake 
– I have been here on a couple of occasions for their cruffins but never had the chance to check out their chocolate cakes. Better late than never right?



The chocolate mousse was pretty decent but according to our little foodie, the yuzu was a little on the strong side. 



60% Dark Chocolate Earl Grey Mousse Cake 
– I had their earl grey cake cuz I love anything with tea flavors!



Underneath the marble mirror glaze was layers of fragrant earl grey mousse, mixed with a bit of rich dark chocolate mousse, finished off with a base of sponge cake and crispy hazelnut chocolate.



The earl grey mousse was pretty delicate but I thought the dark chocolate did very little to complement the richness of tea flavors. 



As much as I have tried, I couldn't get the lighting right tonight. So the background of these photos looked very inconsistent which absolutely pissed me off.






Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop V1, G/F, D2 Place One, 9 Cheung Yee Street, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 3481-7750
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 8:00pm (Mon - Fri), 10:00am - 8:00pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think