Saturday, March 12, 2022

Lady M Festival Walk (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have been doing my part in adherence to COVID-19 mitigation all week by working at home and not going out at all. But after a week of hard work, it's tough to lay back at home for the entire weekend so I decided to take a morning hike to Kowloon Tong. I stepped through a neighborhood where I used to go to school as a kid before finally arriving at Festival Walk for a short rest. The shopping mall looked absolutely empty at 11am. Not great for the tenants.


I used to enjoy standing next to the rink here and watch the kids skate or play ice hockey but it's been a long time since they last opened the ice rink to the general public. Sigh~


I didn't waste any time looking for some sweet treats for myself and mom. There are plenty of options in the mall with Lady M sitting very high on my list.


Gâteau aux Marrons – I got this for mom and it was a no-brainer knowing how much she loves chestnut.

This was an interesting design with two layers of almond flour cake hugging a soft whipped cream center. It was topped with a thick layer of pillowy chestnut-infused cream, finished off with roasted walnuts and snow sugar. Mom said not bad but a little too much soft whip cream in the middle. I am guessing that means why not more chestnut infused cream!


Whisky Dark Chocolate Mousse – I had the whisky dark chocolate mousse cake again and it was the perfect chance to do so as both Jelloman and little nugget weren't huge fans of chocolate (and they aren't around!).


The decadent cake, infused with 12 Years Old The Macallan Double Cask, came with an exciting mix of flavors which also included honey, citrus and ginger. The cake is layered with dark chocolate whisky mousse, whisky jelly with orange zest, milk chocolate whisky mousse, chocolate sponge cake and dark chocolate feuilletine. A very nice combination of rich and contrasting flavors and textures there.


I walked around the mall a little bit to replenish some of the supplies at home. It was then that I got a glimpse of the now-infamous restaurant, Moon Palace (望月樓). This was where it got started in early January and everything went south from that point on.







Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Unit UG-22, 80 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Tong
Tel: +852 2869-1368
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think