Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Red Bean Cafe Mong Kok 紅豆冰室 旺角 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I love visiting local tea restaurants and definitely can’t hold myself back when I see a new one.
So, when I saw this soft-opened cha chaan teng called Red Bean Café (紅豆冰室) in the heart of Mongkok, I knew I had to come in for a quick one.

Red Bean Cafe (紅豆冰室), new cha chaan teng local tea restaurant Mongkok
 
A very clean and sleek design for a cha chaan teng. Not bad.

Red Bean Cafe (紅豆冰室), new cha chaan teng local tea restaurant Mongkok
 
I went with their a la carte menu and looked at the plating of this. Not what I expected from a typical local tea restaurant.

Red Bean Cafe (紅豆冰室), new cafe restaurant Mongkok - Deep-fried sole fillet in sweet corn sauce
 
Deep-fried sole with creamy sweet corn sauce and vegetables. I like the sole fillet with the crispy batter; but I thought the sauce could have been a bit more corny.

Red Bean Cafe (紅豆冰室), new cafe restaurant Mongkok - Deep-fried sole fillet in sweet corn sauce
 
Look at these cute-looking bottled milk tea. Too bad I already had my caffeine fix today; otherwise, I would sure bring one home.







Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 2W & 2x Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok
Tel: +852 6221-1998
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 2:00am


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think