Saturday, July 17, 2021

Red Tea Cafe Mongkok 紅茶冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

August is fast approaching and it looks like I won’t be meeting my target of visiting 100 cha chaan tengs this year. But hey, I am not going to rest on my laurels, okay?

Anyone familiar with the dining scene in Tsuen Wan (unfortunately, a foodie’s wasteland) should know all about Red Tea Cafe (紅茶冰室). Touted as one of the better cha chaan tengs in Tsuen Wan, Red Tea is always known for its freshly baked egg tarts and pineapple buns on top of its other authentically Hong Kong offerings. 


Their branch in Mongkok/Yau Ma Tei which has been opened for about 2 years, is one of the biggest tea restaurant I’ve seen in Mongkok/Yau Ma Tei boasting two stories.


Their iced milk tea is always one of my favorites thanks to its silky smooth mouthfeel.


I had beef tongue with tomato sauce this afternoon and it was pretty nice.


I was stuffed so I had to wait another time to get my hands on this pineapple bun.







Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 498-500 Nathan Road, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Yau Ma Tei
Tel: +852 6517-2828
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 11:00pm daily



2 comments:

  1. This Red Tea outlet had closed. There is a new outlet is at Soy Street, near to the Ladies Market.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell us what you think