Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Kam's Roast Goose 甘牌燒鵝 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have another medical appointment in Wan Chai this morning. I thought by arriving early, I was going to get it done quickly but the nurse here immediately poured some cold water all over me by telling me that the wait would be a very long one. Instead of sitting around for an hour, I decided to take my lunch earlier so I could head straight back to office when I'm done.


It's been years since I last visited Michelin starred Kam's Roast Goose (甘牌燒鵝) for lunch. This would be the perfect time for a return visit as I could easily avoid the lunch crowd at 11:30am.

 
 
My lunch set came with barbecued meat on rice (more on that later), tofu and milk tea.

 
 
Braised tofu (滷水豆腐) – It was first served with a small starter, braised tofu marinated in their homemade soy sauce. 

 
 
Barbecued pork and roast goose on rice (叉燒燒鵝飯) – Lunch not complete without the restaurant’s patented roast goose. Their barbecued pork used to be one of my favorites too, but today I forgot to order my favorite fatty char siu (肥叉). This was too lean for me!

 
 
The roast goose was pretty nice. The texture was very firm and meaty; the skin crisp.







Price: $$$
Address: G/F, Po Wah Commercial Center, 226 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2520-1110
Website: www.krg.com.hk
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think