Friday, July 2, 2021

Fortress Kitchen 四寶食堂 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm off early today for my medical check-up and immediately following that, a meeting with my physiotherapist. To my pleasant surprise, the check-up finished early and I'd have a 10-minute break before my physio therapy section. 

I decided to check out Fortress Kitchen (四寶食堂) which has just moved over from the ground level of AIA Tower. 


I thought their milk tea wasn't particularly good. The texture was a little rough and definitely not as silky as ones I have tried from other places.


I can't say I'm impressed when I see these sugar containers, especially during the pandemic. They should have replaced it with those small packets of sugar long time ago.  


Their French toast was way better than the milk tea.



Very very fluffy with a full layer of peanut butter spread all over the golden colored bread. Not bad.


I have always wanted to check this place off my list and about a year ago when it was still at the AIA Tower, I was almost successful. I went into the restaurant just 10 minutes before the closing of their dine-in service. Knowing that I needed to finish fast, I asked my server what was the "quickest" dish I could get, something that could be served up almost instantly. I was expecting a very straight response since she should know the menu much better than I do but her response, "I don't know what you like to eat. Tell me what you're looking for? I don't know what to recommend!". I told her I eat basically anything, anything that's quick (obviously I didn't care as long as it's quick) but she would go on and repeat the same question over and over again. At this point, I realized a few minutes have already been wasted off the clock. So, I politely put down the menu and left. 

Today, I realized the same server had been transferred to this new location. Luckily, she didn't get to serve me this afternoon; otherwise, I might have missed my afternoon tea time altogether.





Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop C&D, G/F, Wah Hoi Mansion, 258 Electric Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Fortress Hill
Tel: +852 2345-6826
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think