Sunday, July 4, 2021

Kanetsuru Ramen Kowloon City Road 金鶴拉麵 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's been a long day for everybody concerned but we weren't done after taekwondo, rugby and afternoon tea. There's still one more activity before we call it the day - a visit to the newly launched Sung Wong Toi and To Kwa Wan MTR station.


Little nugget was all pumped up about visiting the new stations but after all the walking in the heat, he was less hyped about Sung Wong Toi Garden (宋皇臺花園) and Cattle Depot Artist Village (牛棚藝術村).



All he wanted was a place to sit down and enjoy a bowl of his favorite noodles. Being a good father, of cuz I knew what my kid was looking for so I already planned an early dinner at Kane Tsuru Ramen (金鶴拉麵), a Japanese ramen shop I grew all too familiar with in Fortress Hill (a short walk from my physio).


This branch of the Japanese ramen joint is just a short 5-minute walk from To Kwa Wan Station.


I was so relieved to finally get to sit down in an air-conditioned room!


Little nugget was so hungry that he almost passed out so I wasted no time introducing the restaurant signature chicken broth ramen (雞白湯拉麵) to him. This came with a thin slice of barbecued pork, super tender chicken fillet, bamboo shoots, black fungus and of cuz my favorite deep-fried burdock roots.


The noodles really worked well with the flavorful broth so it didn't take long for my little one to finish his bowl of noodles. All that was left, was this soft-boiled egg, which was done perfectly.



And the barbecued pork which was reasonably good (could be a little more fatty) but I have to admit, I like the juicy chicken fillets a bit more.



Once dubbed as having one of the best chicken broth ramen in Hong Kong, Kanetsuru Ramen will always be one of my go-to places for a delicious bowl of chicken broth ramen but having tried Zagin Soba (座銀)'s version done using the "cappuccino" technique recently, it's difficult not to argue that the title (best chicken broth ramen) should belong to the latter. 





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B, G/F, Luen Yip Building, 10-16A Kowloon City Road, To Kwa Wan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: To Kwa Wan
Tel: +852 2690-1168
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 3:30pm, 6:00pm - 10:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think