Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sift Patisserie Festival Walk (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I promised myself I would go back to Sift Patisserie for my black sesame "tong yuen" and the time has finally come tonight, just 10 days before Mid Autumn Festival (assuming it's a limited-time-only dessert for Mid Autumn). 


After attending a birthday party with my little nugget at my friend's house, it was already late in the afternoon so we decided to have an early dinner at Festival Walk rather than having crappy take-away food at home. And of course, the decision was made partially because there’s a Sift Patisserie at Festival Walk just next to the ice skating rink.


Future NHLers prying their trades in Hong Kong!


Black Sesame Tong Yuen - As promised, my black sesame glutinous rice ball cake!


Time to get my new LED photo booth out again!


This was again very good. The silky vanilla mousse and white chocolate glaze proved to be very good match for the runny black sesame in the middle, which had very intense flavors. 


The glutinous rice sheet was again the difference maker here, creating the texture and flavor that emulate a real Chinese-style glutinous rice ball. Comparing this with its peanut counterpart, I will probably give the edge to the peanut Tong Yuen because the flavors seem to match a little better but this was something I’m glad to have tasted before the limited time only offer expires.




Food Rating: 6.5/10

Price: $$$
Address: Kiosk 1, Level 1, Festival Walk, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Tong
Tel: +852 5744-4640
Website: https://www.siftdesserts.com/
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think