Saturday, September 5, 2020

Baekmidang Chul Grill 百味堂‧鐵 at K11 Musea (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have a special mission at K11 Musea today but first thing first. It was almost 1:30pm, time to grab a quick bite before my adventure. It's at least my fifth or sixth time here at Baekmidang Chul Grill (百味堂‧鐵) but my first time having savory food. Knowing Jelloman and her love for Korean food, I knew she won't say no to this pick.

I'm getting two sets of their signature "one tray" each with 4 appetizers, 1 main course and 1 kimchi fried rice. This turns out to be a pretty significant one-person portion.

Traditional Korean burdock. Pretty nice and not as acidic as I first thought.

Green salad with yuzu dressing. Pretty standard stuff. 

Korean-style sautéed fresh abalone, prawn and squid. I didn't expect such high quality seafood from a place better known for its soft serve and man, the extra kick from the Korean chili paste was soooo good!

We requested a set without the spicy kick for little nugget. He loves his abalone~

I thought the Korean style pork rib wasn't bad too. 

The second set came with 4 appetizers, except we swapped the pork ribs for marinated salmon steak as our main course.

This was served on a sizzling hot frying pan. The salmon steak was a little on the hard side but little one didn't seem to care (too hungry?).

But if I have to pick one dish I love most from this meal, it had to be their Chulgrill sizzling rice. Out of all the different toppings, Korean spicy pork shoulder and grilled squid were the obvious choice because of my love for Korean spicy pork.  

This was a pretty good lunch at a Korean grill without getting my hair all greasy and smelly. Now, time for my real reason why I'm visiting K11 Musea at the first place - the pop-up of Flakes and Layers by Amanda Strang. Stay tuned!



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B111, B1/F, K11 Musea, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 6655-1612
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think