Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Ramen Dou 麵道 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I had some pretty fond memories of Ramen Dou's tonkotsu ramen when I paid them a visit back in January. It gave me every reason to come back for more and this week, I finally did. I was going to check out their other broths but at the end, decided to stay put with their signature ramen instead. This came with two slices of char siu, soft-boiled egg and Jew's ear (or wood ear) as usual. Looks and smells pretty good.



Unfortunately, it wasn't as delicious as I remembered from last time. For starter, I thought the broth was a little too thick (comparing to last time) and then, there were the pieces of fat floating on top of my broth. Lots of them. I didn't think I have ever seen that at a ramen shop in Japan. (Should have skimmed off the fat!?). That's way more fat than I like in my ramen!



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2031, 2/F, Kolour Tsuen Wan I, 68 Chung On Street, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan
Tel: +852 2320-1080


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think