Saturday, September 9, 2017

Yamm (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It can't believe I'm having my third buffet this year already and it's only SEPTEMBER! Most of my friends know I'm not really a big fan of buffets. I average about one every year and sometimes I do two upon very special request (like from my dearest mom) but having three in the same year is just outrageous.

But this is for someone's birthday and our birthday girl is really into buffets so I was tasked (again) with finding a good buffet restaurant for her. I ended up picking Yamm at the Mira Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui.



It turned out that they were doing a Thai themed buffet this month so we got some Thai twist there on top of the usual sushi, sashimi and seafood.



First up, I decided to check out their seafood counter with chilled shrimp, mussels, clams, whelk and lobster claws.



Looked like I would be spending a great deal of time with these big lobster claws. The smoked salmon looked (and tasted) good too. 



Of course, I had to sample some of their sashimi. They were pretty decent but not good enough for another round.



Next, it's the roasted beef counter. Finally, I spotted a bit of Thai twist with some tasty Thai-style roasted pork neck and ribs sitting right to the roasted beef.




The roasted beef was actually not bad. If I have enough room, I probably won't mind having another slice of that before I go. The pork neck was a little bland though.



Some hot dishes on the other side of the counter featured a mix of Western and Thai classics like beef braised in red wine, dover sole in cream sauce, satay skewers, stir-fried vermicelli noodles with pork and egg, and Thai fried rice with shrimp paste, dried shrimp and sausage. No pad Thai though?



I decided to skip the French oyster counter after my week-long battle with stomach flu.



Following a few rounds of savory dishes, it's time for some assorted fruit before working on my favorite part of a buffet meal, dessert.



Any tiramisu lover would fall in love with this. Very airy and light. Just perfect.



Some Thai desserts in between the usual suspect of tiramisu, chocolate cake and bread pudding.




Serradura, or sawdust pudding, another dessert I fell head over heel with.



Just got enough room for some Mövenpick ice-cream.....



.....and another slice of tiramisu.....



Forgot to mention about the free flow of orange juice and iced tea. These would cost a fortune at some of the other places.



I thought I was real pleased with the quality put on display at Yamm this afternoon (despite not being a fan of buffets) and everyone seemed to have enjoyed it very much. That's the most important part.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F The Mira Hong Kong, 118-130 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2315-5111
Website: www.themirahotel.com/dining/yamm


best all you can eat buffet restaurant Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui Kowloon Mira Hotel

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think