Thursday, September 7, 2017

Vive Cake Boutique Lee Tung Avenue (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After a quick lunch at Lee Tung Avenue, some of the sweet toothed (including myself) decided to get some desserts before heading back to work. We checked out a couple of places including Passion by Gerard Dubois and Brook's Cafe before setting our sights on Vive Cake Boutique. It's my third visit here already and a bit of mixed bag between those two visits.



Lychee Blush ($42) - I didn't like the marriage between lychee and berries. Thought the fillings of lychee would be nice and sweet but it was ruined a bit by the mixed berries (presumably blueberry since the lychee had purple colored stuff on top). The sponge cake was just OK too (barely).  



Berry Jolly ($42) - The staff told me this was a vanilla mousse cake with strawberry fillings but it turned out to be mascarpone mousse with strawberry instead (They should know their products better!). In between the delicate mousse were layers of sponge cake.

Once again, I thought it was pretty decent but not up to the level that I was expecting.



Out of my three visits, only once did they manage to send me home a happy camper. Odds are not looking good (that I will come back anytime soon).





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B05-06, Lee Tung Avenue, 200 Queens Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 5111-4895
Website: www.vive.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think