Friday, June 10, 2016

Fauchon Paris Le Café (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I must admit I was pretty disappointed to see the Fauchon Paris outlets in Tsim Sha Tsui and Causeway Bay folded a few months ago. There goes one of my favorite French pastry shop (not counting their Peak and Airport locations). So from now on, where can I get my favorite hazelnut praline éclair? Then news broke that Fauchon Paris is actually reshuffling their business plan and the new look strategy saw them joining hands with Cafe Deco Group, a local R&B group who's been very successful implementing projects like Cafe Deco Pizzeria and Berliner. As soon as we could roll our eyes, their brainchild, Fauchon Paris Le Café has already soft-opened in Shatin.



I haven't ventured over Shatin for a long time; at least not since my nugget was born so I was excited to bring him over here to check out this new cafe and their famous macarons.



Interestingly, they have this bar deep into their dining room. Don't suppose they will let anyone sit here for their drinks.....



I thought I was dreaming when I saw the food menu. The 2-course lunch set starts at $82 only. Is this too good to be true? So with zero hesitation, I quickly placed my order and here comes my Caesar salad with bacon and egg. 



Carrot soup was actually better than the small salad. 



I haven't had a decent pasta in a few days now and was curious with this Paris ham linguini with mushrooms and egg yolk cream sauce. Is this just a carbonara or there's more to this fancy name?

Well, this is indeed a carbonara and a pretty good one too I might add. The sauce was creamy enough and the linguine was pretty al dente.



A couple of us wanted some meat and decided to take a flyer on this braised beef with mushrooms in red wine sauce. They're serving it with a small mashed potato that's nice and buttery.



The braised beef was actually better than I have expected. Pretty tender and full of red wine flavors. Not a bad choice at all.



We decided to pick something from the a la carte menu just to satisfy our curosity. Since I'm a duck freak, the duck leg confit was simply a no-brainer here for me. It was pretty nicely done. I have to say, it's even better than the previous two dishes.



A pair of complimentary macaron came with our set. Oh I love that pistachio flavor.



We were too full to take on more desserts at this point. It may sound crazy but I am planning to come back in 2 hours (after some shopping) to get my sweet tooth fixed.

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 408 & 410, 4/F, New Town Plaza Phase 1, 18 Sha Tin Centre Street, Shatin, Hong Kong
Closest Railway Station: Shatin
Tel: +852 
2237-1515


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think