Friday, June 10, 2016

Fauchon Paris Le Café (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

As promised, we came back to Fauchon Paris Le Café after 2 hours of shopping at the New Town Plaza and this time around, I'd make sure that I have all my favorite pastries covered. Looking left and right, everyone seems to be having the afternoon tea set which I admit is a pretty good bargain ($188 for two I think) but hey, I'm not here for their sandwiches and quiches! 



Paris-brest eclair ($45)
I have been missing this Paris-brest eclair since Fauchon Paris closed down its operation at Harbour City mall. A lot of friends complained that it's way too sweet but I thought it's just right for me. The almond hazelnut butter cream was simply perfect and the crunchy almond hazelnut praline combined well with the choux for the wonderful bite. I don't think I will ever get tired of this.



Gâteau Megève ($55)
This is one of Fauchon's all-time classic, combining the traditional French meringue with 
French bourbon vanilla and silky smooth chocolate ganache. I thought the chocolate mousse was very delicate, rich yet not too overpowering. Not bad. 



Carré Caramel ($55)
Oh my goodness, this was very good. Just love the crunchy sugary pastry! The soft and creamy caramel on top was very rich in caramel flavor. Very nice. 



As a French patisserie, Fauchon Paris still ranks very high on my list and I'm glad they finally launch this cafe concept in Hong Kong.

Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 408 & 410, 4/F, New Town Plaza Phase 1, 18 Sha Tin Centre Street, Shatin, Hong Kong
Closest Railway Station: Shatin
Tel: +852 2237-1515


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think