Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Foxglove (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I haven't been out a lot since the nugget was born, let alone a night full of live music so I knew I have to enjoy every moment of this. It's a perfect night out with the boys and our indulgence is not only for our taste buds, but our ears too. It's my first time visiting Foxglove, a speakeasy-themed whisky bar and rest assured it won't be my last.

First and foremost, I must admit jazz is not my game but hey, after listening to lullabies for months, my appreciation of music has just reached another level.



With everybody very much concentrated on what's happening on stage, I took the liberty of ordering food and alcohol for everyone (including a lot of meat for myself!).

Pork belly and octopus ($298) - This was very tender. I like the spicy kick from the chorizo and smoked paprika with a bit of acidity from the sherry vinaigrette to back it up. Pretty good start.



BBQ glazed duck breast ($298) - I was expecting a little more than the two slices of duck breast. This is pretty decent stuff but nothing really spectacular. I did enjoy the supporting cast of green asparagus, Padron pepper, porcini, spring onion and parsley though.



Japanese cheesecake ($128) - There were only 2 desserts on the menu so we decided to order them both for our "dessert stomach". First up would be their Japanese cheesecake made with Hokkaido milk. This is a very simple dessert but yet they managed to make it pretty palatable. 



Ginger and orange butter cake ($128) - Another simple creation. I thought ginger and orange make a surprisingly good pairing in this one. 



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: 2/F, Printing House, 6 Duddell Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2116-8949
Website: www.foxglovehk.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think