Wednesday, June 29, 2016

New York Diner (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Tsuen Wan is a real sad place to be if you happen to be looking for a nice juicy burger.
As I have reported earlier, one of the better options available actually reside near Tai Wo Hau at a place called Kitchen Corner. But there's been a new kid on the block since the turn of the calendar year - a new burger joint by the name of New York Diner.

However, very quickly I started realizing that other than the name itself, there's nothing "New York" about this diner. Even the food menu suggests that it's a Hong Kong style western restaurant serving casual comfort food that is more international than American.



I'm ordering from the set menu and first up was soup of the day - carrot soup.



For my main course, I'm having mushroom burger with potato wedges. 



I like the mushroom mayo from the burger. The beef patty was decent too but it was a bit weird having marmoreal mushroom rather than the usual porcini mushroom or even portobello. Like I said before, this is very Hong Kong style (or localized). 



No complaints for my sunset peach milkshake though. Although the flavor was a bit artificial, I thought it was foamy, rich and pretty thirst quenching. 



A pretty average food menu but the list of milkshakes managed to save the day.

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G27-28, G/F, Citywalk 1, 1 Yeung Uk Road, Tsuen Wan
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan West
Tel: +852 2246-9488


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think