With my long absence from Shenzhen’s café scene since early August, I’ve been trying to catch up on the latest news from social media. There have been several new openings of late, and many online discussions seem to point to Patt Patt Japanese-style Cakes as one of the most promising, up-and-coming tea spots thanks to its cozy atmosphere and delicious offerings.
Originally from Guangzhou, Patt Patt has a few locations in the city centre. They’ve just opened their first café in Shenzhen, choosing One Avenue (卓悦中心) as its debut location. Since we were having Japanese food at the mall this afternoon, I decided to swing by for a quick dessert right before lunch.
I have to admit, the space here is pretty nice and cozy — somewhere you could easily spend an entire lazy afternoon. But were the desserts as good as advertised?
Thai milk pudding combo (¥55) — This came with a Thai milk tea pudding and a Mont-Blanc–style cake also flavored with Thai milk tea. The dish was decorated with cookies and fresh fruits.
I thought the pudding itself was okay, but it wasn’t especially memorable. I had higher expectations for the cake, but the sponge cake with a hint of Thai milk tea didn’t really surprise me in either flavor or texture. If it weren’t for the vibe, I’m not sure it would attract much attention.
We don’t really have a plan for the rest of the afternoon after lunch. I guess we’re just happy to be back in Shenzhen and enjoying some time to chill.
Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: Shop L201, West Zone, Level 2 One Avenue, Fuhua Road, Futian, Guangzhou, China
深圳市福田区福华路卓悦中心商场西区2楼L201号铺
Closest Metro Station: Gangxia (岗厦)
Tel: +86 18124686075
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 10:00pm daily
Post a Comment
Please tell us what you think