Sunday, September 6, 2026

Tao Tao Ju One Avenue 陶陶居 卓悦中心店 (Shenzhen, CHINA) ★★★★☆

After a very busy work schedule in early August, and two weeks in Europe, I finally found myself back in Shenzhen for the first time in nearly a month. Good thing I’m on my own this afternoon, so I can move a lot quicker without the group around me.

My first stop was Tao Tao Ju (陶陶居) at One Avenue (卓悦中心), my go-to dim sum spot in Futian to see if they have any new creations since our last visit.

Despite having an online ticket, I waited almost 30 minutes for my table which wasn’t ideal. I should have timed it more accurately!

Tao Tao Ju One Avenue 陶陶居 卓悦中心店 [Shenzhen, CHINA]: Go-to dim-sum spot in Futian. New Guangzhou-style steamed rice rolls with fatty char siu and scrambled eggs (廣式叉燒滑蛋腸) on the menu.

Congee with lean pork and century egg (生滾皮蛋瘦肉粥) (¥30) — I like the one at Sense 8 Cantonese Cuisine (譽八仙粤菜) a little more for its velvety (綿) texture. 


This was just OK.

Tao Tao Ju One Avenue 陶陶居 卓悦中心店 [Shenzhen, CHINA]: Go-to dim-sum spot in Futian. New Guangzhou-style steamed rice rolls with fatty char siu and scrambled eggs (廣式叉燒滑蛋腸) on the menu.

Guangzhou-style steamed rice rolls with fatty char siu and scrambled eggs (廣式叉燒滑蛋腸) (¥33) — As I promised myself, I would try at least one brand-new dim sum here and there are quite a few options on the menu this afternoon.

This was pretty tasty. The rice rolls looked more “transparent” than most ones we’ve seen at Cantonese restaurants, which actually gave us a clearer view of the fillings — diced vegetables, runny scrambled eggs (just a tiny bit), and, of course, fatty barbecued pork.

Tao Tao Ju One Avenue 陶陶居 卓悦中心店 [Shenzhen, CHINA]: Go-to dim-sum spot in Futian. New Guangzhou-style steamed rice rolls with fatty char siu and scrambled eggs (廣式叉燒滑蛋腸) on the menu.

I always enjoy having steamed rice rolls so I knew I would love this. One thing they could really improve here was using less fatty barbecued pork, which sometimes made the rice rolls a bit chewy.

Tao Tao Ju One Avenue 陶陶居 卓悦中心店 [Shenzhen, CHINA]: Go-to dim-sum spot in Futian. New Guangzhou-style steamed rice rolls with fatty char siu and scrambled eggs (廣式叉燒滑蛋腸) on the menu.

So glad I’m back in the swing of things again. Next up, some game time, and hopefully I can squeeze in an afternoon tea afterwards.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address:  Shop L233, East Zone, Level 2 One Avenue, Fuhua Road, Futian, Guangzhou, China
深圳市福田区福华路卓悦中心商场东区L233号铺
Closest Metro Station: Gangxia (岗厦)
Tel: +86 (755) 8299-8870
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 9:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think