Friday, September 4, 2026

Doughman Bakery & Coffee Tsuen Wan (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Little nugget is an absolute sucker for mango pomelo sago cream (楊枝甘露) so when I saw on the social media that Doughman Bakery is launching a limited-time only mango pomelo sago danish (楊枝甘露丹麥酥), I knew I had to get one for him.

Doughman Bakery & Coffee Tsuen Wan [Hong Kong, CHINA]: limited-time-only mango pomelo sago cream custard danish (楊枝甘露丹麥酥)

Interestingly, it is only available at their Tsuen wan outpost but not their original Lai chi Kok flagship.

Doughman Bakery & Coffee Tsuen Wan [Hong Kong, CHINA]: limited-time-only mango pomelo sago cream custard danish (楊枝甘露丹麥酥)

With this price tag, I knew immediately that it’s going to be a pretty tough sell.

Doughman Bakery & Coffee Tsuen Wan [Hong Kong, CHINA]: limited-time-only mango pomelo sago cream custard danish (楊枝甘露丹麥酥)

Mango pomelo sago danish (楊枝甘露丹麥酥) ($33)  I joked with little guy that this looked and tasted a bit more like a Chinese youtiao.

Doughman Bakery & Coffee Tsuen Wan [Hong Kong, CHINA]: limited-time-only mango pomelo sago cream custard danish (楊枝甘露丹麥酥)

I was hoping it would be rich and buttery, with a delicate, flaky crust but that wasn’t entirely the case. At the same time, the mango pomelo sago cream custard was way too artificial, lacking the freshness and fruitiness I was hoping for.

Doughman Bakery & Coffee Tsuen Wan [Hong Kong, CHINA]: limited-time-only mango pomelo sago cream custard danish (楊枝甘露丹麥酥)

Like Jelloman said, it’s much less refined than any artisanal baked goods from the shop. They tried too hard to make this work.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 208-212, 2/F, Tsuen Kam Centre, 300-350 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 8:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think