Sunday, May 24, 2020

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I can't believe I'm coming back to Mango Tree Elements already having just dined here with V this Monday. Not only am I bringing my entire family and Jelloman's parents along, I have all the cash coupons received (from V) from my last dining experience with me this afternoon too. Looks like it's going to be a big feast for us.

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong)

Everybody talks about the view here but I am not sure if it's worth the hype.

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong)

Iced Thai milk tea ($55) - My favorite part of a Thai meal but the tea was a little strong today. I tried to get some extra condensed milk to balance things out but looks like it's not working for me.

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong) - Iced Thai milk tea

Deep-fried Thai shrimp cake ($138) - Crispy on the outside and moist inside, which was perfect. I thought the dip was honey sauce so I tried to feed my little nugget with spoon after spoon only to be rejected time and time again. His response, "sour! (yeah he hates sour). Turned out it was sweet plum sauce which obviously wasn't sweet enough.

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong) - Deep-fried Thai shrimp cake

Thai egg omelette with crab meat ($138) - This was the dish that got me hooked to Mango Tree in Bangkok.

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong) - Thai egg omelette with crab meat

The crust was very crispy and we all know I can't resist such a fluffy omelette with layers of crab meat in the middle. Yum!

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong) - Thai egg omelette with crab meat

Red Curry Roasted Duck ($168) - I had this with V on Monday. Not bad so I ended up recommending it to the gang.

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong) - Red Curry Roasted Duck

Stir-fried Thai cabbage with garlic ($98) - Another dish I had on Monday. Love the crunch of these Thai cabbage, similar to our Chinese kale.

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong) - Stir-fried Thai cabbage with garlic

Rice noodles with chicken in oyster sauce ($128) - A soupy noodle dish for little nugget. For some reason, he wasn't all that interested today. Could be the fact that he got a little carried away with his "PJ Masks videos".

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong) - Rice noodles with chicken in oyster sauce





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2032, Elements, 1 Austin Road West, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Station
Tel: +852 2668-4884
Website: www.mangotree.com.hk
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think