Saturday, May 30, 2020

Hazukido Croissant 八月堂 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

A couple of weeks ago, I suddenly thought of my cancelled trip to Seoul and what it would be like if I was sitting at my favorite croissanteria in Garosu-gil instead of the office chair at work. Life would be so good~

I missed Le Sight (my favorite croissanteria mentioned above)'s funky croissants so much that I started my lookout on some nice ones here locally and finally, I spotted some this afternoon at Hazukido Croissant (八月堂).



Frequent flyers to Taipei should be no stranger to Hazukido Croissant (八月堂) who's best known for their modern take on the French croissants. They always change up their lineup of croissants on a regular basis to a point where even die-hard fans could lose track on what's being currently offered.

Like Le Sight in Seoul, they have some funky flavors here too. Spicy Cod Roe Croissant, Earl Grey Bubble Croissant (inspiration from Taiwanese bubble milk tea of course!) and Brown Sugar Mochi Croissant...


Caramel Pudding Croissant - I have to admit, I really like the caramelized crust but the overall texture, really didn't have the usual flakiness in it like a typical croissant possesses. The pudding and caramel syrup on top was a little too mildly flavored as well. Perhaps I should have picked something with much stronger flavors!





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 164, 1/F, Metroplaza, 223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Fong, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kwai Fong
Website: www.hazukido.com
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think