Friday, April 6, 2018

Thomas Trillion (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Ever since Thomas Trillion (my favorite pastry shop in the city!) cut ties with Le Petit Salon at The Charterhouse Hotel last year, I have been unable to get my favorite cakes (from Thomas Trillion) from the island side. I guess a special trip to Kowloon City is really inevitable.



It's already a few days after Easter but they're still featuring a number of Easter themed pastries.



It's nice to see their fan favorites including Passion Fruit Orange, Twist (Vanilla Banana) and Mango Tango are still hanging around.



Cherish ($60) - One of the few Thomas Trillion cakes that I haven't had the pleasure of trying before. This is a nice combination of avocado chocolate mousse, light chocolate mousse, caramelized banana, almond sponge cake and almond short crust. What really caught my eyes here was the avocado chocolate mousse. Never tried this before!



I thought this was reasonably good. The avocado flavor was a bit light and if they have not told me about it, I probably won't even notice it's there. It's definitely not a bad choice at all although I certainly won't mind a bit of acidity and different textures (layers of them) to make it even more interesting.



Broken Egg ($60) - I forgot to jot down the name so I'll just call it the "Broken Egg". This is one of their Easter themed creation, one that combines passion fruit and mango cream, exotic fruit creme brulee with raspberry coulis, strawberry mousse, passion fruit and almond sponge cake. I like this one a little more because of the balance between sweetness and acidity.



And like most of Thomas Trillion's pastries, the texture is perfect.



Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop No.3, G/F Man Kay Mansion, Nga Tsin Wai Road, Kowloon City, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: N/A
Tel: +852 2806-0332
Website: www.thomastrillion.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think