Saturday, November 4, 2017

Myung Ga Korean Restaurant iSquare (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

When it comes to Korean barbecue in Hong Kong, there are only two places I trust - Myung Ga Korean Restaurant (名家韓國餐廳) and Seorae (喜來稀肉).



And if I don't want to get my hands dirty that day, I would normally go with Myung Ga, who has been my go-to Korean barbecue restaurant for years.



The harbour view certainly scores some extra points.



Galbi Jjim Jeongsik ($125) - It looks like they've raised the price a little bit since my last visit but considering the generous portion, the new prices still look pretty reasonable.

For lunch, this is the one I would order most of the time - braised beef short ribs in sweet soy sauce. The short ribs were again very nice and tender while the sweet soy sauce rich and flavorful (Love the date, chestnut and ginkgo fruit in there). 



Dolsot Bibimbap Jeongsik ($85) - Sizzling stone pot rice with chicken, vegetable, egg and Korean premium chili paste. Not bad.



Sundubu Jjigae Jeongsik ($85) - Jelloman wanted something spicy and this spicy soft tofu stew with pork made her a real happy camper.



Surprisingly, no one wanted barbecued meat this afternoon, which prompted me to ask, why in the world did we decide to go to a Korean barbecue restaurant!?



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2702, 27/F iSquare, 63 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2369-1177



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think