Saturday, October 28, 2017

Subconscious Day Spa Fumin Road (桑格水疗会所 富民路) (Shanghai, CHINA)

One of the nicest things about my get-away trip to Shanghai is that I really do not have any agenda. There was no obligation what-so-ever to visit certain places, just loads of free time to spend and explore this city that I once considered as one of the best in the world to live in.



Today, my journey took me to Fumin Road (富民路), a trendy side of the city full of cafes and spa. Before the trip, I already did my homework and in fact, got an appointment lined up with some of the top day spas in Shanghai by the name of Subconscious Day Spa (桑格水疗会所).



Good thing I had advance booking coming in, cuz I overheard a couple being rejected at the counter trying to walk in without booking.



While the facility itself including the private room was nothing to write home about, the attention to details was. I didn't really check but they had some sort of heating device hidden underneath the bed. In a cold autumn day like this, it was just perfect to have a heated massage bed like this one. The extra warmth really made a difference. 



Of course, as good as the heated massage bed was, it won't be any good without a good masseur and she was very very good. And when our session was complete, I let her know that it was so comfortable that I actually passed out a few times (I forgot how I put it in Mandarin 😆). She was all smile and I caught her flushing a bit too when she heard my compliment.


This was one of the many pleasant surprises on this trip. The crab feast at Wang Bao He Restaurant (王寶和酒家) was another. Let's hope I could make this an annual trip every October.





Rating: ❤❤❤❤
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: 183 Fumin Road (near Donghu Road), Jing'An, 200041 Shanghai, China
富民路 183号 (近巨鹿路)
Closest Metro Station: Jing'an Temple
Tel: +86 21 6415-0636



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think