Monday, May 25, 2020

Pâtisserie Tony Wong Metroplaza (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I haven't had the chance to check out Metroplaza in Kwai Fong since COVID-19 breaks out early this year. I've heard there are a lot of turnovers the last few months and I am curious to see whether some of my go-to shops survive the pandemic so far.


Turns out Patisserie Tony Wong, the popular pastry shop by celebrity patissier Tony Wong is still around. I have to admit, it's been at least a year since I last visited his place so not surprisingly, there're a lot of new "faces" I am not familiar with. One dessert I know something about is their Musang King Durian Chiffon Cake. Nice to see it's become one of fan favorites here now.


We decided to grab a tea set each. $84 for a piece of cake plus coffee or tea. Not bad at this day and age.


I haven't had a Mont Blanc cake for years. In fact, this is my first experience of a Mont Blanc dessert at Tony Wong.


I got my rose flavored black tea ready to wash down my chestnut cake.


This was really disappointing. The layer of chestnut puree was really really thin. Underneath that were fresh cream, sponge cake and small chunks of chestnut. I think I can name at least a dozen other places who offer a much better Mont Blanc (Maxim's!).


It's pretty embarrassing coming from a famed pastry shop like this one. 




Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 329, 3/F, Metroplaza, 223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Fong, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kwai Fong
Tel: +852 2410-8118
Website: patisserietonywong.com
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 8:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think