Monday, May 11, 2020

Lady M Harbour City (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm taking afternoon off and the original plan was to have a decent lunch, followed by some shopping time at Harbour City. With COVID-19 still very much in everybody's mind, I thought I didn't need advance booking for any restaurant in town but boy was I wrong (both ÉPURE and Caprice were closed on Monday). At the end, I had to settle for something sweet for lunch. Not that I'm complaining about it.


My first stop was the Lady M Boutique at Harbour City. Not surprisingly, there were a number of seats available as everyone was grabbing lunch instead of dessert at this hour.


I already have my eyes on their new Osmanthus Mille Crêpes which replaced the marron Mille Crêpes this month.


Osmanthus Mille Crêpes ($75) - Lady M's mille crepe cake made with no less than 20 layers of paper-thin crepes has always been very very good. But this new osmanthus flavor layered with osmanthus-infused pastry cream and toppings of osmanthus jelly and dried osmanthus flowers had to be pretty much perfect to beat its predecessor (or the other classic flavors like Earl Grey and rose) and it wasn't.


The pillowy soft texture and creamy pastry cream filling were still the winning formula here but the osmanthus flavor was surprisingly not as rich and pronounced as I first hoped. Not bad but not nearly enough to stick around for very long in my opinion.
 

Having tried so many different versions of Lady M Mille Crêpes, I can honestly say that the Rose, Earl Grey and Marron are the three best flavors ever made. The pistachio flavor was another one that's worth sticking around but osmanthus is likely just here for spring.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop OT 215K, 2/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2873-2356
Website: www.ladymhk.com
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 7:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think